[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Mon Nov 27 22:41:48 UTC 2017

>   On Monday, November 27, 2017, 6:58:33 AM EST, Bill Nelson via
> Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>> Mounting tracks on the walls, which is starting to appear to be the
>> best
>> choice, is another matter.
>
> While there does need to be wall mounting to provide horizontal support,
> the vertical load can be transferred to the floor with some legs that
> are also bolted to the wall.
>
> Regardless of the above, how do you transfer the truss to the stage, so
> it can be used for a show? Can you extend the track to the stage? :')

As Don Taco stated, there is no desire for stage access from the catwalk. The
intent is to have a relatively safe and moveable platform for
mounting/focusing instruments on the FOH electrics. A secondary advantage
would be that we could then also access the pendant auditorium lights.

It will be very difficult to brace to the floor on the HL side. The aisles are
barely wide enough to meet fire codes. Possibly the HL track could be
suspended from the ceiling.

Bill