[SML] 3-D printers

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Oct 17 22:06:14 UTC 2017

BTW, really liking my not-a-Prusa i4 made by Sunhokey.  I made a few
small upgrades to it and updated the firmware to Marlin 1.1.6.  It's
fast, low-ish cost, handles PLA and polycarbonate (haven't tried ABS, I
rarely use it).

As with most stuff now, you have to go over it and tighten all the
screws they didn't torque, and add the upgrades I mentioned.

I still have the two Afinia printers (H479, H480) and use them all the
time, but there's things they won't do like they will NOT print with
many brands of filament.  I think the extruder motors are under powered,
they're half the size of the one on the Sunhokey.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com