[SML] LEX Quality Discrepancies

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:23:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 3:06 AM, Alf Sauve' via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Were these rejected and sold on the surplus market?  Or did you buy them as
> part of the contract?

This was a large-scale government contract, I estimate that at least
650 distros went out to 13 units around the country/world. We were
delivered 48 distros of different sizes locally; some units have twice
the amount of equipment to power, and would have been sent more
distribution equipment. Also included were pallets of cables, both
Camloc and Military MIL-DTL-22992 connectors; we're talking around a
million dollars of products sent to each unit. No indication on issues
with the cabling yet, but most of them are still on the pallet and in
their original packaging. Our crews are going through all of the
distro boxes and checking hardware and wiring. Most of the issues seem
to be with the box assembly; it looks like the manufacturer used
different templates to drill out the holes for the box and lid, and
the "repair" was to drill out more holes. There are some units still
in the box that are marked "missing bolts". All of the markings and
contract info indicate LEX Products as the manufacturer/distributor.

I may be a little "out of my lane" in taking this on, but I figured
that I would leverage our little network here... I can pass along
information and contacts for the other affected parties and possibly
higher-level contacts in the procurement process if needed.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer