[SML] LEX Quality Discrepancies

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:04:20 UTC 2017

Greg,
My contact at LEX called me today to follow up on my forwarding him your
email.
He's Leonard Miller, VP of Sales at LEX. He'll likely be sending you an
email...
His info:
lmiller at lexproducts.com <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1>
203-274-9901 <2032749901>

I've also cc'd him.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:23 PM, NODEraser via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 3:06 AM, Alf Sauve' via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> >
> > Were these rejected and sold on the surplus market?  Or did you buy them
> as
> > part of the contract?
> >

> This was a large-scale government contract, I estimate that at least
> 650 distros went out to 13 units around the country/world. We were
> delivered 48 distros of different sizes locally; some units have twice
> the amount of equipment to power, and would have been sent more
> distribution equipment. Also included were pallets of cables, both
> Camloc and Military MIL-DTL-22992 connectors; we're talking around a
> million dollars of products sent to each unit. No indication on issues
> with the cabling yet, but most of them are still on the pallet and in
> their original packaging. Our crews are going through all of the
> distro boxes and checking hardware and wiring. Most of the issues seem
> to be with the box assembly; it looks like the manufacturer used
> different templates to drill out the holes for the box and lid, and
> the "repair" was to drill out more holes. There are some units still
> in the box that are marked "missing bolts". All of the markings and
> contract info indicate LEX Products as the manufacturer/distributor.
>
> I may be a little "out of my lane" in taking this on, but I figured
> that I would leverage our little network here... I can pass along
> information and contacts for the other affected parties and possibly
> higher-level contacts in the procurement process if needed.
>

> --
> [Greg Bennett]
> -Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer
> -Purveyor of Classic Apple & Macintosh Gear
> http://www.hsiprodsvcs.com/
> http://www.macshack.us/

Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician