[SML] Really really REALLY securing LED tape?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Sep 20 00:19:11 UTC 2017

Ok, so what REALLY works to get LED tape as permanently as permanently
possible to stick to painted scenery? I can't use truckloads of
plastic clips - the tape will be visible (albeit black PCB).....

I had read on some forums about using the stickiest 3M 10mm
double-sided tape possible, lay that down, then lay the LED tape's
sticky-back onto that.  I did that, and STILL doesn't stay stuck down.
(Flat paint - not some glossy finish.) The 3M tape

I have some running lights that suffer the same thing, on the ends...
I've used hot glue, and that too only lasts a while. I'm about to lay
down a lot of black PCB LED tape on some portals, and it's not going
to be easy to get back there and keep adding globs of hot glue... I
want to secure these puppies, and know they'll stay in place for a few
weeks.

Or longer. I don't mind if I can't re-use these tapes.

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com