[SML] Really really REALLY securing LED tape?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Sep 20 16:02:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center via
Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Adding a +1 to 3M VHB and also a note that there are two sorts of the stuff:

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas - much appreciated. I'm
weighing my options.

3M VHB - yeah, that was the stuff I was initially trying to get, til I
saw the price!  Oy... I need about $300 of the stuff! All for a 5
minute gag....  (Also, 3/4" is really too wide, for these 10mm tapes.
The 3M tape will be too visible.)

I'm not too worried about heat dissipation - they're only on briefly,
and mostly flashing. And the tapes aren't very dense. They're 5050s,
but only 150 LEDs, not 300 or the double-density 600 tapes often used.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com