[SML] Really really REALLY securing LED tape?

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Wed Sep 20 04:25:32 UTC 2017

Adding a +1 to 3M VHB and also a note that there are two sorts of the stuff:

There's foam tape with VHB adhesive on both sides that is probably what
you need in this case to conform to the surface of your LED strips and
the wood surface you're mounting it to - but it's spendy. "3M
Very-High-Bond Foam Tape with Adhesive on Both Sides" 3/4" x 36 yards
for $77.10 (see page 3505 of the McMaster-Carr catalog)

but you can also get the VHB double-sticky adhesive much cheaper if you
search for "High-Strength Glue-on-a-Roll" (see page 3462 of the
McMaster-Carr catalog). 3/4" x 60 YARDS for $40! We use it to adhere
front panels to metal chassis. Works like a charm with relatively smooth
surfaces!

Carla

I find myself drawn to people who are intelligent, funny and perverted.