[SML] poly Muslin

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 28 18:55:04 UTC 2017

I’ve got a lot of what I’m pretty sure is  poly muslin (old version?) .   It’s been folded for some years (13 ) and stored.    It now has very nice creases.  Any  easy way to get the wrinkles out?

For use this time it will  be stretched on a frame (approx 6’ x 16’.).  Will not be painted or have any other treatment.  Opinions?  We Will try a large sample on a stretched frame but smaller tryout looked like the creases would stay.  Will also try stretch and then a hot  water spray.  I don’t want to wash, I think that would add more wrinkles.
Pretty sure we had the same issue with this stuff when we first used it.  Then we  tried using a costume steamer on it with some success while the fabric was hanging loose.

I don’t have a catalog  piece of poly muslin to compare it to.  Poly cyc is definitely thinner and would appear to drape better so poly muslin is my bet on what this stuff is.

Thanks

DickA
TD, Cornell U