[SML] iphone 7 audio stops when using lightning adapter

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Thu Apr 12 19:41:12 UTC 2018

On 04/12/2018 12:30 PM, Bruce via Stagecraft wrote:

> Remember when you could plug into a standardized port that would,
> well, feed you audio?  And that was it's only job?  And it didn't
> matter who made the device you were plugging in?
>
> <grump>
>
> :Bruce Cooper
> --
> Exhausted and grumpy itinerant stagehand and Creature Mechanic

I remember when I could make a prototype or two and ship them to my
client for approval.  Now, if they have an Apple authentication chip in
them that's been assigned to me for development, I have to maintain
control of the board at all times.  And no, they will NOT sell chips for
short-run projects.  Either you're building a zillion at their partner
factory in China or you're not building any at all.

There is currently a loophole, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).  While
regular Bluetooth needs the authentication chip, BLE does NOT.  If you
can find an adapter that works with BLE you should, in theory, be good
to go.  Until Apple changes their mind and stuffs a cork in it.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com