[SML] Hanging choral miss

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Apr 23 19:31:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Matthew Whiton via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>       I'm looking for recommendations on hanging choral mics. The goal is
> reinforcement, not recording. I'm hoping to hang an array of mics above the
> stage to gain few DB over the orchestra which will be in the pit.

I don't have any recommendations, but I'll follow this discussion.....
is this for a musical, or a choral-stand-still-and-sing thing? I won't
use them for my musicals, because they have to be hanging down so low
as to be as close to their mouths as possible (and minimize the pit),
which means moving scenery, etc is a problem, and they're a$$-ugly,
hanging 20+ feet down......

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com