[SML] Hanging choral miss

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:51:35 UTC 2018

On 4/23/18 3:06 PM, Matthew Whiton via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>        I'm looking for recommendations on hanging choral mics. The goal
> is reinforcement, not recording. I'm hoping to hang an array of mics
> above the stage to gain few DB over the orchestra which will be in the pit.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer.

Is this something you'll be doing often or a one-off concert?  You can
really do this with whatever you have in stock for a one-off.  I hung
five Sennheiser E935s over a chorale with orchestra.  Naturally they
rearranged and I ended up with timpani right below one of them.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall