[SML] Video Projection, Q-Lab & TH2G

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:41:48 UTC 2018

On Apr 17, 2018, at 12:00 PM, stagecraft-request at theatrical.net wrote:

> I am hoping to look into using Q-lab and Triple Head 2 Go adapter by Matrox for the software and video output, connected to a single 3-year old MacBook pro.  If anyone on the list has thoughts on this, and in particular:
>
> Which TripleHead2Go?
> TH2Go Digital Edition,
> TH2Go Digital SE,
> or other?
> What would you recommend if an upgraded Mac is necessary & what minimum specifications?
> Mac Mini
> MacBook Pro
> Mac Pro

I had the Kyle Abraham Dance company through Portland a couple of years ago. They were using QLab on a MacBook Pro with a Matrox TH2Go DisplayPort. They were covering a 40’ wide cyc with two projectors on a down stage batten. The MacBook Pro seemed to handle it pretty well but I don’t know the specs on that. Two 10K projectors as I recall.