[SML] LED strings

Villem Teder vteder at interlog.com
Wed Aug 15 19:30:18 UTC 2018

The eBay listing, while it includes "LED", is for Electroluminescent-Wire,
a completely different animal. It is popular with the wearable tech folks.
However, from far away I find the brightness is not as good as LED.

The suggestions from Dan and Dave are two of my sources for Led info.
SuperbrightLeds seems to have a wider variety for more different uses.

Here in Toronto, the goto source is MossLed.com. Run by people who are
lighting designers and understand the entertainment business. Not the
cheapest but top quality products. The opera recently used some with a
diffuser that basiclly looks like neon.

Regards,

Villem Teder

At 12:00 PM 15/08/2018 -0700, you wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:47:18 +0300
>From: Judy Kupferman <judithku at post.bgu.ac.il>
>
>Hi group,
>
>I need to buy an LED strip of light, about 20m long in total, to put on
>some scenery. I found a lot of party stuff online and am worried that it
>would be too weak to even be seen except in total darkness, also not sure
>about the reliability. Here's one of the sites I found. I'd be grateful for
>any input or suggestions.
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-LED-Lights-for-Costumes-15ft-5m-Neon-Elec
troluminescent-Wire-Kit/273393561261?hash=item3fa786aead%3Am%3AmgOanvsK8TCO2
YHJgfm6Y9A&var=572775064418&_fsrp=1&rt=nc