[SML] What do we call ERSs now in the LED era?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Aug 15 20:51:53 UTC 2018

I had a revelation the other day, as I was prepping some curriculum.....

My colleague and I have worked to make sure the kiddos know (and use)
ERS - Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlight - even making sure they spell it
correctly - rather than calling everything a "Source Four."  (We have
mostly incandescent Source Fours, but still have a few Altman 360Qs
and Colortran 5/50s around.)

In the era of LED light engines, the "ellipsoidal reflector" part is
gone. So what do others call these breed of clear-lensed profiles now,
if one is trying to avoid using Name Brands?

(I guess Source Fours using Source 4WRD engines are still technically ERSs....)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com