[SML] What do we call ERSs now in the LED era?

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:05:24 UTC 2018

Face it - advocating for correct use of words is a little like facing the borg.

I call then LED profiles, wash, and cycs in my plans and specs.  Of
course I have a page under that heading or two that defines exactly
what is expected.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 4:36 PM Jon Ares via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:57 PM, Jeffrey E. Salzberg via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>
>> We still refer to LED wash units as PARs,
>

> Yeah, I do too...  LED PARs.... though they technically don't have "parabolic aluminized reflectors" in them....   :)  A kid has yet to call me on it, but it does bug me to call things incorrectly, and perpetuating misuse....
>
> I just wrote an "executive assistant" asking about her boss's needs for a presentation next week, and in 5 sentences, used the word "lectern" three times.  She seemed to understand what I was asking, as she responded to the effect: "Yes, the standard setup is fine - podium, screen, small table...."  (Maybe she thought *I* was using the wrong word.)
>
> --
> Jon Ares
> www.arescreative.com

Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC