[SML] (no subject)

Jon Lagerquist jon at lagerquist.com
Thu Dec 20 14:05:42 UTC 2018

As Bill said there is a base level of noise for traveler tracks. But
some things to check:

As the tracks square and level?
Do the carriers need lubrication?
Are the carriers overloaded? This is often easy to do on a main drape.
Is the track adequately supported? Sometimes additional clamps will cut
down the resonance of the track a little.

Jon

On 12/20/2018 5:55 AM, Bill Sapsis via Stagecraft wrote:
> Stephen
>
> The noise is pretty much the nature of the beast.  You can switch out
> the carriers for ones with rubber wheels but I’m not sure the  amount of
> noise reduction you’ll get is worth the cost.  Open track styles, like
> Triple E, will give you much better noise reduction but the systems
> aren’t inexpensive.
>

> By the way, if you have an ADC system with red carriers, you have a
> pretty old system.  IIRC, those carriers were discontinued long ago.
>

> Helps, maybe a little?
>

> Bill S.
>

> bill at sapsis-rigging.com <mailto:bill at sapsis-rigging.com>
>
> http://sapsis-rigging.com
>
> +1.267.278.4561 mobile
>

> *From: *Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of
> "stagecraft at theatrical.net" <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
> *Date: *Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:03 AM
> *To: *"stagecraft at theatrical.net" <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
> *Cc: *Stephen Braun <sbraun1 at twcny.rr.com>
> *Subject: *[SML] (no subject)
>

> Hello All,
>
> Happy Holidays.
>

> Our Act Curtain usually flys, but this year we need to travel it open
> for our main-stage musical production.
>

> Does anyone have any experience with making a traveller track quieter.
>
> Ours is the standard type with the red plastic wheels, running in the
> U-Shape steel track.
>

> Thanks for any advice.
>
> sfb
>

> Stephen F Braun