[SML] Break-away table

Paul Guncheon pguncheon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 00:52:42 UTC 2018

I've done several breakaway pieces in my time. I will reiterate that you
shouldn't actually hit the table with the actor's head, and a fight
choreographer is a needed element in this.

A few thoughts:

Definitely find out 'exactly' how the table is to break and build it so it
does just that and nothing more. Control is critical.

Personally, I wouldn't go with scored plywood as I wouldn't know exactly
how far I had cut through the material and therefore what force would be
required to break it.

The part(s) that break should hold together as weakly as possible. Think
toothpicks or slivers of balsa rather than bamboo skewers. It should want
to fall apart and should require clamps, tape, or whatever for transport.
No metal of any kind near the breaks.

Good Luck.

Paul 1