[SML] Chauvet Q-Spot 560 LED Issue

Bill Potter bpotter at sps.edu
Sun Feb 11 02:24:06 UTC 2018

Howdy ‘Listers,

We’re having continued issues with our Chauvet Q-Spot 560s. They just don’t want to properly index the 2nd template wheel. Kinda hard to use units that give you half and half when you try to select a pattern... Moving, scanning, spinning don’t help. Usually, it takes 2-8 power off/on cycles or software resets (from the onboard controls) to get them indexed properly. Even then, they sometimes go out of whack during use. Last yetime we had these issues, the LD parked that attribute, but I’d figure out a fix rather than just continue to patch the issue.

Also, the 2nd wheel moved kinda “jittery” like it’s mechanism is slipping and catching.

I doubt it’s a DMX issue since it seems to effect only one control (although occasionally, template wheel #1 acts up as well).

These get used sporadically (but would likely get used more if they worked properly…) All our other Chauvet movers, both spot and wash units work beautifully.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Potter
Arts Technical Director
St. Paul's School