[SML] <Re: <hello>

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Thu Feb 22 11:48:04 UTC 2018

Greg et al.

I’ve been pretty quiet for a while now.  Not for any reason other than I didn’t have anything to add to the discussions at hand.  But, as one of the old guys on this list I wanted you to know that I’m still here lurking in the shadows and thoroughly enjoying the conversations.  Greg, I’m particularly glad you’re sticking with it.  It is sometimes hard to remember how much enjoyment and satisfaction we get out of this business, especially when the long hours turn into long days & weeks.  I remember when you first joined the list.  Lots of observations, questions and comments.  You’ve been working with the kids at the high school for many years now and they’ve greatly benefited from your dedication and experience.  It’s been fun to watch that happen.

The industry is changing, as all things do.  But the one constant through all that change, and the thing that makes the vagaries of this business worthwhile, is that we are a community.  And, as a community, we care about and take care of each other.  As Greg says, we have each other’s backs.  And these days that a very special thing.

Peace.

Bill S.

bill at sapsis-rigging.com<mailto:bill at sapsis-rigging.com>
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com