[SML] What is your favorite cue number method?

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Sun Feb 25 21:49:09 UTC 2018

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:14:52 PM CST, Edward Hunter via Stagecraft
wrote:
> I've recently been ruminating on different systems for choosing
> cue numbers for light cues (thus proving I probably have too
> much free time on my hands).
>

> What are other methods people like?

  One method that I ran across that made me go 'duh, why didn't I think of
that?' is this:

  -  All cues begin with the page number they are located on multiplied by
100.
  -  Each cue on a page is added to this.  Sequentially or skipping 5s/10s

  - So for example during the first number which begins on page 7 and ends
on page 8, the light cues are 701 thru 833.

  It does require that you know roughly what page number things are located
on at the start [not usually a problem], but it instantly eliminates any
searching for cue numbers by both stage manager, operator, and designer.
Leaves lots of room for 'I forgot that' or 'we need to add this'

Just a thought.

:Bruce Cooper
--
Itinerant Stagehand anc Creature Mechanic