[SML] What is your favorite cue number method?

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 14:59:33 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>> Then your SM is calling cue 5007? Seems like a mouthful.
>
> No moreso than "Stand by lights 65 point 74.  Lights 65 point 74 GO."

Seriously? Who calls all the integers?  "Lights sixty-five point five,
GO.... Point seven, GO... Point seven four, GO....  Lights sixty-six,
GO...  Standby Lights sixty-seven thru seventy, on a fast series of
G-Os....  GO-GO-GO-GO-GO...   Lights seventy-one, GO..."

That's like giving a standby for each and every individual cue, rather
than "standby, Lights one thru forty..."

(or, as my PSM on Dirty Dancing called the top-of-show Warns, "Warning
on Light cue one and onward..." and that was the only warning LX got
'til the top of Act ll.)

OOO!!  Corrolary: Do you SM-types give both a Warning *and* a
Stand-By, or just a Stand-By? I know what I've heard from my PSMs and
SMs over the decades, I;d be curious how it trends.

--
Dave Vick
IATSE #274, Michigan