[SML] Cordless tool battery adapters

gbierly at dejazzd.com gbierly at dejazzd.com
Sat Jan 20 03:30:02 UTC 2018

> One of the sights that struck me as funny, when I first moved to Lancaster in 2000, was the site of a horse and buggy pulling up to a gas pump.  Apparently I had misunderstood how horses are powered.
>
> Actually, they Amish have gas engines at home, that run a generator, water pump, and perhaps a pneumatic pump.  Their goal is to be off-grid, not to avoid electricity.

A coworkers wife worked for a local Amish owned  pneumatic business.  He said the Amish would buy a $30 blender from Walmart, bring it in to the shop, have the AC motor replaced with a $100 pneumatic motor since they could run compressed air into the kitchen but not AC.  The Amish rules are pretty hard for us “English” to understand.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School