[SML] Antique wheelchair - need new rubber for tires

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Thu Jan 25 10:42:09 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:57:56 PM CST, ken long via Stagecraft
wrote:
> i would use a overlap joint, 2 45 deg cuts coming together and stitch with
> a kevlar thread and rubber cement. maybe cut small groves for the thread to
> lay in  use rubber cement and subsitute a metal lacing stitch for kevlar.
>  a shoe repair shop will have both

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> Sticking flexible stuff together generally requires welding.  I wouldn't
>> generally trust glue.

Or craft your own with self vulcanizing tape and an outer mold.

  Stretch the absolute piss out of the tape [just this side of breaking it]
as you wind it onto the inner form [the steel or wooden wheel] and then add
a mold of some variety to shape the outer edges.  Once that silicone sets
for a day or so it is as good as solid in my experience.

Just a thought.

:Bruce
--
itinerant stagehand and creature mechanic