[SML] Dry Ice

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:27:11 UTC 2018

Don't want it to roll into the pit? An exposed Nichrome wire across the lip
of the stage could be helpful. Just let it heat up fully before you release
the fog, and don't let the Musicians or their instruments get near it.
/s/ Richard

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Don Taco via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I've also learned that they don't want it to roll into the pit. And that
> the tech guy says they need 60 pounds, but the person who asked me thinks a
> pound will do. Heh.

> *Sent: *Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:57:56 PM
> *Subject: *Re: [SML] Dry Ice
>
> I wouldn't use a hazer for low-lying fog... I might use a regular fogger
> piped through a slightly-modified freezer.
>
> On January 28, 2018 4:41:09 PM Don Taco via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>

>>   Here's what I've been asked..  How much dry ice to cover 19'x30' about
>> 4 inches. Most dry ice fog info is in terms of how long it will last, not
>> volume. I'm sure your experience can answer this, though. Thanks!
>>
>>   My first answer was, "Why wouldn't you use a hazer?

/s/ Richard
_________