[SML] Cataract Lens selection

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 15 20:36:23 UTC 2018

I seem to remember that this has come up in the past, but I wanted to check with people about what is happening now.A friend and co-worker is going in for cataract surgery.  He has the choice between a lens that will correct the astigmatism or one that will improve sight as well.  The one that improves vision is reported to be more prone to glare in dark environments.  Since, he is a rigger/flyman/carpenter, he is concerned that the glare from looking up into the lights might make it harder to work.Any help or experiences would be appreciated.The model of lens is a Technis Multifocal 10L by Abbot.Thanks,John P.S.  Cross posting to Facebook group as well as othersJohn D. Palmer (213) 453-1547