[SML] Android vs Windows

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Wed Jul 25 07:13:26 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:42:52 AM CDT, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
wrote:
> I used a Windows machine to copy some stills and videos off my Android
> phone onto a local disk. For some reason Windows created empty folders
> in the name of the videos.  As in the video file disappeared and in it's
> place is a folder named MOVA0023.avi with no files in it.
>
> Any ideas of what went wrong (besides Windows).  I would have used Linux
> but the gMTP software doesn't work with my new phone.

  Found this - Apparently it has happened to other people.  One link seems
to think it is a bug in the WD TV Live products....

<https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/some-avi-files-turned-into-empty-folders/84ac30ff-a728-4b21-8fe0-b422950d8d4a

  Everything else I can find points at it being a problem with an external
drive.  Are you using an external drive of some sort on the Windows
machine?

:Bruce
--
Itinerant Stagehand and Jurassic Mechanic