[SML] Chauvet lights (was Shout Out to Ford ...)

JT bothjt at verizon.net
Sun Jun 10 14:43:32 UTC 2018

While we were patting Ford Sellers on the back, Greg Bierly asked: "Out of curiosity, what lights did you purchase?"

We bought 8 of Chauvet's new EVE TF-20  LED accent lights. They're a mini-wash light, really designed (I think) for displays and close-up washes. The committee with whom I was working really liked the warm color look of the lights, and we found that they had sufficient punch to carry 20 -25 ft and solve the altar lighting problems being considered.
   The church's architecture prevented use of larger theatrical lights and these fit perfectly in the space. As an additional bonus, the lights each include a set of mini barn doors for beam control.
    The TF-20s are single color and dimmable.  They have a big brother (TF-50?) that does color tricks but requires DMX; that wasn't worth the effort or cost for this project. Everyone is quite pleased with the lights we chose and how they cured the problems.

Jim Taylor,
Acoustic Light & Production.