[SML] TV trivia question

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:18:08 UTC 2018

Back then, the 'whitest' TV white was specified as '137E'. due to the
luminance and chrominance limits of the first color television cameras'
pickup tubes, such as Orthicoms, Endicoms, Vidocoms, et cetera, all used
before the advent of today's charge-coupled devices (CCDs),
/s/ Richard

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 11:32 PM, John Taylor via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I may be right or may not, the back of the brain says it looked better but
> also still worked well for the B&W sets.
>

> On 6/17/2018 12:34 AM, Me via Stagecraft wrote:
>

> Watching some old tv shows from the 1960s. Shortly after they went to
> color lots of the sets became gas chamber green. Did some salesman unload a
> couple of tons paint cheap or was there another reason?

/s/ Richard
_________