[SML] A technology challenge

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sat Jun 30 21:47:50 UTC 2018

I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks starting next
week.  The auto-renew date for airtime for my new phone happens to be
the day before I leave since the plan was transferred over from my old
semi-almost-barely-maybe-smart phone.  So, I went on the new phone and
clicked the "renew plan early" button.  BZZZZzt, no good.

Call them, they can't even find the plan I'm on but can suggest some
all-inclusive plans starting at twice the money.  No, I JUST want talk
time, I don't use ANY data and have enough texts credits to last me
several years.  So, talk time only please.

"mumble...huh?"

You know, the plan that displays as on the phone now and your web page
shows is on the phone...could you renew it now instead of just before I
get on the plane?

"what plan?"

After several people I gave up and managed to get their web page to
renew me for 90 days at the original price.  Perfect!  Wonder if this
will "stick" come the next renewal?

BTW, I love the WiFi and dual SIM cards on this phone, with VoIP I can
make/receive free calls of any length in the USA as long as I'm at a
hotspot.  For my upcoming trip I will be within range of a hotspot
almost all the time for data and USA calls.  I will only need a cheap
local SIM in the other card slot for any local calls.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com