[SML] Projection Surface

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 21:46:16 UTC 2018

I"ll add ideas to the mix, though I suspect it is not viable.  Put up a white or pale blue cyc, and rear-project onto it with your chosen pattern. Some of the projectors may be video, but other parts may be regular ellipsoids with gobos.
To make it more "artsy", instead of just hanging the fabric, frame them out with wood, like a flat, but no middle Toggle member. Use various sizes that fit like a puzzle.  If some of the larger parts are hinged togheter, then they may be self-standing like a room divider. perhaps some parts hang.
Of course, you generally don't want to hit this directly with front lighting unless you don't want the back lighting to have effect.  But, to reduce the amount of wash-out that you get from ambient front lighting, add a black scrim in front of the cyc cloth.  This is how "anti-glare" screens were added to computer monitors back in the CRT days.
Another random idea is to use my "framed cyc" idea, but rather than using lighting fixutres, put christmas lights inside.
-Joe