[SML] Cleaning the audience space

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Fri Mar 23 21:09:17 UTC 2018

I used to work in a place (a former mortuary turned electronics company)
where we had a terrible time getting the cleaning crew to NOT touch
anything on the work benches.  That included PLEASE do not toss chairs
on top of the benches where the Space Shuttle parts are being tested!!!

I finally, accidentally, found something that worked for my bench.  I
was testing some high voltage parts and had Jerry-rigged a box that
pulsed the parts with something like 10kV.  The box had a clear plastic
cover set over it to keep stuff away but I also placed a sign on the
box:  "High Voltage -- You touch, you die!"  Between the sign and the
buzzing my desk stayed untouched!

When that testing was done, I simply rigged the box to continue making
the buzzing sounds at intervals and left it on my desk.  Stayed
untouched ever after.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com