[SML] Noises Off Dilemma

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue May 1 06:57:52 UTC 2018

> What about putting realistic program sound monitors "backstage"?  Maybe even
> put video monitors as well.  I have done many productions where the audio
> and/or video was broadcast backstage so the offstage cast could hear and/or
> see what was happening on the stage.  That could be a "high tech addition" to
> the show.
> Tracy Nunnally

If I recall the show correctly, one of the "bits" about it is that the
production is very low budget.

I think the director is worried about nothing.

For one thing, even if the upstage actors cannot hear the downstage lines over
audience laughter, they should certainly know their parts well enough that
they will know why the laughter is occurring.

Bill