[SML] Sal Ammoniac smoke

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Fri May 4 10:54:40 UTC 2018

The heater cones were (are?) a ceramic cone with a medium-screw base wound
with nichrome heater wire that was screwed into a base within a metal
reflector and used as a very early space heater.  Usually had a
medium-gauge welded decorative wire cage over the face of them. Scary from
an operational standpoint let alone the fumes given off by the sal
ammoniac.  Another example of a device used for something other than its
original purpose.
Steve

Stephen E. Rees
Professor Emeritus of Theatre