[SML] Sal Ammoniac smoke

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri May 4 15:31:55 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 3:54 AM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> The heater cones were (are?) a ceramic cone with a medium-screw base wound
> with nichrome heater wire that was screwed into a base within a metal
> reflector and used as a very early space heater.  Usually had a
medium-gauge
> welded decorative wire cage over the face of them. Scary from an
operational
> standpoint let alone the fumes given off by the sal ammoniac.  Another
> example of a device used for something other than its original purpose.
> Steve

Here's the one I have... don't remember where I got it.... made by Times
Square Theatrical.... I personally never used it in a theatre, but I did
use it a time or two on some outdoor film shoots, back in the 90s.  But I
remember home-made versions of these used all the time in the theatre in my
youth.... I remember this is what my high school used, although they were
home-made in coffee cans....

​
​--
Jon Ares