[SML] Yesterday's 3D project: 3-fer attachment clippie

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sat May 12 16:31:00 UTC 2018

I'm using esun brand and it says the print range is up to 260C, so
that's where I was running it.  The gum is from strings get all over the
nozzle, if it builds up enough a blob can hang up on the model and make
the motors skip. Since I'm up to hairs/strings I've turned it down to
255 which helps a bit.  I have figured out I can't print bigger things
with more than one on the platform.  If I print one at a time it works
better as the head isn't constantly crossing to one of the other ones
making strings.

The bed with PEI over glass at 80C seems to stick ok.  I'd been using
BuildTak but it bubbles up too much.  For PLA I use Elmer's washable
glue stick on glass, for PETG I use a stronger PVA glue.  A note, clean
the glass between uses, don't let the glue build up or you might wind up
peeling off glass.

Still don't like polycarbonate.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.