[SML] Fwd: Lion King Lighting Design Inquiry Bethlehem PA

herrick goldman herrick at hglightingdesign.com
Sun May 13 17:48:14 UTC 2018

Anyone available to help these folks.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Karalyn Joseph <karalyn516 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 13, 2018, 13:10
Subject: Re: Lion King Lighting Design Inquiry
To: Herrick Goldman <herrick at hglightingdesign.com>

Okay, thank you so much! Here is that info:

*Dates:*

   - Runs of show without tech (to watch, if needed): July 17th and 18th
   - Load-in: July 22nd
   - Runs of show: July 23rd and 24th
   - Dark night for actors but open for tech work: July 25th
   - Performances: July 26th-28th
   - Strike: July 28th - we need to be totally cleared out by the next
   morning

*Space info:*

   - Location: Willowdale Chapel, main chapel, 675 Unionville Road, Kennett
   Square PA  19348
   - Photo of space: 3:56-4:06 in this video https://vimeo.com/239144661
   - I am not sure of power availability, but we have had no problems in
   the past.
   - The stage is roughly 50ft x 30ft and 20ft of visible space above

*Other:*

   - Website: www.castheatre.org
   - Fees: Frankly I don't know how well to estimate these costs, but
   anything under $4,000 or maybe $5,000 total is ideal. But if that's
   completely unreasonable, then I'm happy to discuss other amounts. The trick
   is that there is essentially no theatrical lighting in the space we use
   other than very basic presets of white light. So I'd want to bring in
   enough to sufficiently light our actors and color a white backdrop. But
   there is no grid or hanging system above, which presents challenges.
   - Work force: We have lots of strong set designers and stage crew who
   would be willing to help as needed.

Any help and guidance towards a company that would suit our needs would be
appreciated! Thanks so much :)