[SML] Rental Turntable for July & August

Matthew Jordan meloncholia at gmail.com
Thu May 17 03:36:31 UTC 2018

Does anyone have a turntable they would be willing to rent for a Notre Dame
Shakespeare Festival show this summer near Indiana?  The designer's first
choice is a donut turntable, but that might be harder to track down; we're
open to a regular turntable.  The initial specs are below:

OD: 24'
ID: The initial design is a donut with a stationary 5' or 6' ID.  (Again,
open to regular turntables.  If anyone has other donut sizes, I'd still
like to chat.)

Automated or automation capable. There is no preference for system; it
could be a creative conners, AWU, or a speed pot.  The production team
wants the freedom to spin enlessly.  If an automated TT is not available,
we may look at renting a creative conners revolver if need be and using
that with the TT.

Speed: Not fast, I'd estimate a 1-2 fps at the edge.  It is a story-telling
element, and not a scene-change device.

Height: the designer has a 16" allowance for the TT right now.  We can deck
up under the TT or adjust the height if needed.

bridge wagon unit that rolls onto the TT when it is stationary, but is not
rotated.

Dates: From July 1st through August 29th, this may shift by a week or two.

If anyone can help out, please give me a shout.  Thanks much,

Matthew D. Jordan