[SML] ArtNet IP Address ranges

*Hobbit* hobbit at avian.org
Wed May 23 02:14:12 UTC 2018

One could rant about this for hours, I'm sure.  For an isolated network
that will never talk to the open internet, it almost doesn't matter what
address range is selected -- it can be either RFC1918-private or a direct
and deliberate conflict with something routable in the big bad world,
but really, who ultimately cares?

I've observed that one of the best ways to keep randoms off your cloud,
even if they know your wireless passwords or are jacked into a spare port,
is to simply not run a DHCP server.  Most people, even the 3l33test hacker
kids at DefCon, are helpless if they don't get handed an address and a
gateway on a silver platter.

_H*