[SML] Martin Mac 301 strobing in video

Randy Porter randy.1611 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:58:05 UTC 2018

That's caused by the shutter speed on the camera syncing with the duty
cycle of the LEDs.  If you make the shutter speed longer, sometimes you can
minimize the strobing effect.

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:43:49 -0800
From: Edward Hunter <ehunter57 at gmail.com>
Subject: [SML] Martin Mac 301 strobing in video

Someone shot a video of a show I designed that used MAC 301's. In the
video you can see the MAC strobing as the intensity goes from zero to
full. Needless to say the human eye does not perceive this. I'm
wondering if there is any setting on the fixture or the camera that
would make this stop? My guess is a high end camera might deal better
with it but I'd like to understand what's happening. Has anyone else
seen something like this?
-Ed

--
What was a policeman, if not a civilian with a uniform and a badge? ....
once policemen stopped being civilians the only other thing that they could

capitalggeek.wordpress.com