[SML] Chain as hanging hardware

Tanner Tanner at protechlv.com
Tue Oct 2 23:00:16 UTC 2018

Hi Ben,

The lack of consistency means it was never really thought through or
engineered. That would be my biggest concern. Is there any signage or
documentation for the pipe grid load rating, etc? Hopefully that is solid at
least. Sounds like everything below it should come down.

I'd recommend that an ETCP certified and licensed contractor quote and
tackle it for no other reason than to shift liability.

If you are planning on doing it yourself, I'd recommend a pipe clamp at the
grid, chain shackle, rated chain, and then batten termination by one wrap +
one half for height adjustment with rated trim chain (or a jaw/jaw
turnbuckle to pipe clamp) The drapery track can be safely terminated with
heavy duty S hooks depending on the type and condition of the hangers.

I might be able to recommend someone in your area, or at least point you in
the right direction.

Note that this is my own advice as a fellow stagehand and not the
professional advice of the company I work for blah blah blah

Regards,

Tanner Brants
Protech Theatrical