[SML] Preshow announcement

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Fri Oct 5 01:34:58 UTC 2018

On 10/4/2018 10:56 AM, Michael Sauder via Stagecraft wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:49 AM Ford Sellers via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net <mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:
>
>     Or just do an audio message.
>

> Doesn't help hearing-impaired, and visual maps would be far better at
> showing exit paths.
> --
> Michael Sauder
> Show Control Programming and Design
> Email: michael.sauder at gmail.com <mailto:michael.sauder at gmail.com>

If you have a small moving light or three as part of the house lighting
package out in front of the main rag, I have an idea.   *SFX evil laugh*

   Create an audio narration describing the features you want to
mention.   project the text on your supertitles screen if you have one
to handle the hearing impaired.  As the narration talks about things,
have the moving light start doing a little ballyhoo on the main rag or
something to attract the audience's attention.  When the dialogue gets
to the exit, the beam sweeps over and shines on that exit door, then the
next door, and so on.   Basically use the moving light like it's a giant
laser pointer.   Play this when you put house lights to half.  Strobe
effect when you announce no photography.   Ringtones when you ask folks
to silence their phones.

--Dale