[SML] Preshow announcement

Hain, Ben P ben.hain at rctc.edu
Fri Oct 5 16:33:49 UTC 2018

I recently attended a concert at a local private High School.
They had this very thing; screen down, curtain closed, and a video loop showing emergency weather shelters, evacuation routes, bathroom locations and other information.
I was tempted to think that due to storms that night, it was only showing then, but all the other information was relevant so I'm sure it plays for any public event.

The video ended and screen went up when HL went to 1/2 and then the band did a VO introduction before the curtain opened.

It got boring to watch for 20 minutes.
And It seems to imply, the curtain and screen must be down for ANY show.
Which works in that space, but not in my space or a lot of others.

Ben

Rochester Community and Technical College
Rochester MN