[SML] Haze and making it work

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 21:07:33 UTC 2018

In your situation it may be how you do your house lighting, and details like wall color. I imagine house lighting in a high school auditorium with fluorescent lights, is very different from a theater that has more subdued lighting.  The color of the walls, and if the house lights hit them, is probably another factor.
Another factor to consider is how fast your hazer can fill your theater.  Related issues are how fast it dissipates from  natural dissipation, plus your A/C filtration and air turn-over rates.  This relates to when you need to start the hazer.  A theater that can haze its theater to an appropriate level quickly, can avoid doing it much before the house lights dim.
As an aside,Greg Bierly gave me a demo of Sal Ammoniac smoke a few months ago. I was impressed with both the quality of the smoke, which looked more like smoke than the glycol based stuff.  And also that it didn't have any smell or irritation that I could detect. He said he had forgotten how good it was a creating a general haze.  I think the longevity of the particles in the air are what make it a very good haze.  It has a chance to get very evenly distributed.

-Joe