[SML] Long, graceful, gentle bend in conduit?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Sep 18 17:32:46 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:04 AM Mike Katz via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I have done longbends in EMT mant times, I usually screw blocks of wood to a table or floor  in a slightly tighter radius than what i need as a finished curve and pull the conduit around be hand. I have done up to 1"  EMT that way. I never had problems with kinking so I never had to pound sand as Bill suggest, but maybe I have just been lucky.
> Mike

Thanks Mike and Bill - I like the idea of doing on the floor - I can
previz my radius on the floor, and over-compensate a bit with wood
blocks and then set the pipe.  Bill - good idea, if I did the hanging
method - although I would intend to distribute the weight a bit - not
just a single point load at the center (to avoid precisely what you
warn of).

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com