[SML] Mounting a projector

David Bowman dmbowman at syr.edu
Tue Apr 23 12:37:48 UTC 2019

Good morning,

Personally, I would either use a good Rota-Loc (sp?) or spend the money on a well rated 90-deg Doughty. Here at Syracuse, we use the latter (IMHO Rota-Loc’s are a PITA to use. Totally do the job correctly, I just never have enough thumbs to hold everything to get them lined up) and I put a c-clamp on the pipe just above the Doughty for my own piece of mind (the unit is also safety cabled to the position).

I get my Doughtys form Sapsis Rigging.  They are usually here in a day or 2. I order the black, as sometimes my units are hung FOH, but that’s just my preference. Worth every penny.

Just my $0.02.

dave

David M. Bowman
Lighting and Projections Supervisor