[SML] Mounting a projector

Seth B Lamb sblamb.ld at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:49:05 UTC 2019

Is the idea to have the projector "yoked out" off the front of the pipe, or
to hang below it? To yoke it out, my first thought was the Safer Side Arm,
or something like that, but that's more for use with a Vertical pipe.

I've seen a number of different ideas for mounting projectors in the FOH.
They often involved some sort of contraption made of      1-1/2" pipe,
cheeseboroughs, and Definitely a Safety. For the heavier projectors, the
safety is 3/8" steel and a 5/8 shackle. That's probably a Bit of overkill
for a 50# projector, but positions over the audience carry extra liability.

It really depends on your space, how much room you have to work with, and
of course the budget vs what you have on hand.

Best regards,

Seth B Lamb
717.368.3341
SBLamb.LD at gmail.com
I.A.T.S.E. # 22, DC

/Snip

My concern would be the pipe cap.  Those are usually cast iron, which