[SML] Boston Mayor's aides convicted of demanding music festival hire union stagehands.

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 21:15:35 UTC 2019

I wonder if the request was made for a liability standpoint.
Not saying the local 11 folks are infallible, but they are pretty damn good. And after seeing a BUNCH of horrible incidents in a variety of places coupled with knowing how risk-adverse Boston is with all the historical landmarks, I'd require top-notch crew before giving a permit to do something there, too.
FWIW, one of my fave rental companies just refused to supply gear for an annual festival because they didn't want to be associated with the crew that is provided by the promoter.
I've got mad respect for folks who will put safety and integrity over profit. They're the ones I want to do business with.
Kristi R-C