[SML] Boston Mayor's aides convicted of demanding music festival hire union stagehands.

Nigel Worsley niglew at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 11 21:28:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 at 21:14, June Abernathy via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I’m sure it would please Frank Wood to no end to know that the anti union bias he was so proud of spreading didn’t leave the list when he passed.

In the UK an anti union stance is fairly common, back in the 70s the
picket lines got very violent and so did the police.

Theatre isn't the day job for me so I am not a union member, but on
the occasions that I have been involved in productions where there is
mandatory union staff at the venue the experience has been 100%
positive. At one venue I wasn't allowed to even touch a fader on the
mixer, but the person that was did an excellent job so I didn't need
to.

Nigel Worsley