[SML] Head Bumpers

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 12:46:27 UTC 2019

On 8/8/19 2:30 PM, Jeffrey Kanyuck via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hello,
>      I'm looking for knowledge of anything that might be better for covering corners, beams, pipes and such that are at head level in catwalks so people aren't bashing their heads and hurting themselves so much.
>
> I've found this at Home Despot:
> https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Pipe-Insulation-ORP05812/204760811
>
> But, am wondering if any of you know of something that might be better.
>
> DOES IT HAVE TO BE FLAME RETARDANT?

When I ended up in the ER after such an incident. I lined the offending
corner with a yellow and black striped cushion I found on McMaster.  I
can't find the identical product now, but they've got a whole section of
similar products --

https://www.mcmaster.com/safety-foam

Steve L
--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall