[SML] Campus Special Events

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Tue Feb 5 19:13:12 UTC 2019

Hi Steve,
At SUNY-Fredonia, the answer is that it depends on the venue. If the
activity/event/rental takes place in the Rockefeller Arts Center, the work
and labor is under the supervision of the Facilities Technical Director
(not the T&D Technical Director). The labor is usually Work-Study students
hired from the Theatre and Dance Department (but not exclusively).  There
is a charge to outside users for these services determined through a rental
contract with the RAC.

In other venues like the Student Center or the Fieldhouse or in the outside
open areas, the work and supervision comes under the supervision of a
student organization known as Spectrum Entertainment (or it was called that
when I was last there). Student run with an odd assortment of gear and
personnel. Not real highly skilled necessarily but that fluctuates. They
charge for their services but any numbers I might find would be 9 years out
of date.

HTH.

Best regards,
Steve

Stephen E. Rees, Treasurer - Revitalize Dunkirk
Professor Emeritus of Theatre
CCE-CC Master Gardener Volunteer
716.680.1565 Mobile